Munda Biddi Trail For Mountain Biking
The 26th most popular mountain bike trail in Australia.
Saturday 6 August 2016 04:14 GMT
Southeast of Perth, the Munda Biddi Trail is a 900km track through undeveloped lands from Mundaring to Dwellingup. The level of difficulty varies greatly by section along the trail.
The novice sections include:
- Mundaring/Sculpture Park to Mundaring Weir (7.2km)
- Westons Rd to Brookton Hwy (12.9km)
- Gleneagle Picnic Area to Balmoral (16.6km)
- Balmoral to Jarrahdale (12.8km)
- Marrinup to Dwellingup (5km)
The intermediate level of difficulty sections include:
- The Dell to Pickering Brook Rd (14.3km)
- The Dell to Brookton Hwy (12.9km)
- Brookton Hwy to Gleneagle Picnic Area (24.5km)
- Whittakers Mill to Oakley Dam (23.8km)
The most difficult sections include:
- Mundaring Weir Hotel to the Dell (8.7km)
- Jarrahdale to Kingsbury Drive (14.9km)
- Kingsbury Drive to Dandalup Campsite (19.2km)
- Whittakers Mill to Marrinup (35.8km)
Note: there are cycle-friendly campsites built every 35-40km between the towns. Campsites have a composting toilet, two water tanks, picnic tables, undercover mountain bike storage facility, sleeping quarters for 25-30 people, and cleared tent sites. Remember, Munda Biddi campsites are campfire free.
Overall, Munda Biddi Trail is the 26th most popular mountain bike trail of all 30 mountain biking rides in Australia.