Tahoe Rim Trail Horseback Riding
Encircling scenic Lake Tahoe, the 150 mile Tahoe Rim Trail follows high ridges and mountain tops on a spectacular circuit around the largest alpine lake. The horseback riding route offers varied terrain and scenic vistas for hikers, bikers and equestrians.
The southwestern quadrant parallels the Pacific Crest Trail (no bikes).
One of the more popular sections runs from Spooner Summit trailhead north to the Tahoe Meadows trailhead (22 miles).
There are nine trailheads:
1) Spooner Summit on US50 (good starting point for horseback riding)
2) Tahoe Meadows on SR431 (good trailer parking and turnaround)
3) Brockway Summit on SR267
4) Tahoe City on SR89
5) Barker Pass
6) Echo Lake on US50
7) Echo Summit west of snowpark area
8) Big Meadow off SR89 south of US50
9) Kingsbury Grade at Heavenly Stagecoach parking lot.