Jasper Hills XC Ski Trail
The 6th most popular cross country ski area in Minnesota.
Saturday 30 July 2016 02:01 GMT
Northeast of Ely in the Superior National Forest, the Jasper Hills XC Ski Trail System has 32 km groomed trails, and latern skiing every Saturday. The cross country ski trailhead is located at the Northwind Lodge Nordic Ski Center 18 miles down Fernberg Road.
1. From Mpls/St. Paul - Take 35W North (250 miles from Ely)
2. Take "Junction 33 - to Range Cities" thru Cloquet, MN to Hwy 53
3. Follow 53 north thru Virginia, MN
4. On the other side of Virginia, take Hwy 169 NORTH to Ely
5. Follow Hwy 169 thru Tower/Soudan, MN (23 miles from Ely)
6. In Ely, stay on Hwy 169 heading east thru town (three sets of stop lights)
7. Pass the International Wolf Center sign at the edge of town.
8. Go straight ahead for 15 miles. (Youll pass Winton, MN three miles out from Ely)
9. You ll see signs that say Fernberg road (cty 18), stay on this road.
10. When you see Tofte Lake and theOjibway Lake Access, slow down.
11. Our driveway is 50 feet ahead and on your left. Our sign is on your right.
Overall, Jasper Hills XC Ski Trail is the 6th most popular cross country ski area of all 39 Nordic ski destinations in Minnesota. Several of the better cross country ski trails are nearby Jasper Hills XC Ski Trail including Banadad Trail, Birch Lake Trail, Giants Ridge Resort, North Arm Trails, Bear Island - Lake Trail, Laurentian Trail, Silver Trail, .