The 11th most popular snowmobile trail in New Hampshire.
Friday 20 January 2017 04:38 GMT
Southwest of Ashland, there is an extensive network of groomed snowmobile trails. These trails are maintained by the Bridgewater Mountain Snowmobile Club.
The snowmobiling parking lot for the Ashland Snowmobile Trails is located approximately 1.5 miles north of Exit 24 off I-93 across from John Jenness Road and is near the junction of The Corridor 8 and Corridor 24 Trails. Parking is free, but consider making a donation of $5.00 (per day) to help with snow removal and lot maintenance.
1. Abel Brook Trail - 1.4 miles - Runs from the Talcot Trail to Abel Brook Road. (Secondary Club Trail)
2. Berry Hill Road Trail - 1.4 miles - Runs from Bridgewater Hill Road at the Old Town House to the junction of Old County Road (0.6 miles - Corridor 24), then continues on to the Poole Hill Road Trail at the top of Bridgewater Mountain ((0.8 miles - Primary Club Trail).
3. Bridgewater Hill Road Trail - 1.9 miles - Runs from Cass Road Trail to a dead end above the Poole Hill Road Trail (1.6 miles - Corridor 24, 0.3 miles ¬Primary Club Trail).
4. Cass Road Trail- 2.2 miles - The trail follows Cass Road from Webster Pond to the Bridgewater Hill Road. (Corridor 24)
5. Hammond Hill Road Trail - 1.5 miles - Runs from Bridgewater Hill Road. (Secondary Club Trail)
6. Hemlock Brook Road Trail - 3.3 miles - Runs from the Poole Hill Road Trail to the Talcot Trail (at "The Landing"). (Primary Club Trail)
7. Lookout Trail - 0.6 miles - Runs from Hemlock Brook Trail to Bristol Peak. (Secondary Club Trail)
8. Newfound Lake Trail - 4.5 miles - Runs from "The Landing" to Newfound Lake. (Primary Club Trail)
9. Old County Road Trail - 1.0 miles - Runs from Berry Hill Road Trail to Dick Brown Pond Road. (Corridor 24)
10. Pemigewasset River Trail- 3.1 miles - Runs from the Talcot Road (North) Trail to the Pemigewasset River. (Secondary Club Trail)
11. Poole Hill Road Trail - 1.9 miles - Runs from the intersection of Bridgewater Hill Road Trail to Dick Brown Pond Road. (Primary Club Trail)
12. Railroad Tracks (Corridor 8) Trail- 6.0 miles - Runs between The Depot in Ashland and the Senior Center in Plymouth.
13. River Road Trail- 2.8 miles - Runs from the RR Tracks (Corridor 8) near Union Bridge, along the Pemigewasset River, through the Bridgewater Town Beach (known as: Sawhegenet Falls Park Recreation Area), across River Road, to Cass Road. (Corridor 24)
14. Talcot Road Trail- East - 2.5 miles - Runs from Talcot Road Trail- North to River Road. (Secondary Club Trail)
15. Talcot Road Trail- 5.4 miles - Runs from Poole Hill Road Trail to "The Landing. (Primary Club Trail)
16. Town Forest Trail- 0.9 miles - Runs from Dick Brown Pond Road through the Bridgewater Town Forest to Hunt Road East (continues as part of Hardy Country SMC trail system). (Corridor 24)
17. Whittemore Point Trail- 2.7 miles - Runs from Poole Hill Road to Whittemore Point. (1.25 miles runs down the side of plowed town roads). (Secondary Club Trail)
18. Wind Towers Trail- 0.9 miles - Runs from the Talcot Trail to the top of Bristol Peak. (Secondary Club Trail)
While snowmobiling Ashland, all snowmobiles must have a New Hampshire OHRV registration decal. To obtain a NH OHRV registration decal, you will need to show proof of member ship in a New Hampshire snowmobile club, such as the Bridgewater Mountain Snowmobile Club.
Overall, Ashland is the 11th most popular snowmobile trail of all 31 snowmobiling rides in New Hampshire. Several of the better snowmobile trails are nearby Ashland including Meredith, Hebron, Grafton County and Squam Lakes .